Aphorisms Galore!

Discussions

Sometimes, users and visitors to Aphorisms Galore! feel the urge to comment on something, or even to start a discussion on a brand new topic. Sometimes, those users and visitors are living breathing human beings and not spam robots. When that happens, their messages show up here. (Some messages from spam robots may also appear from time to time, but I try to make sure they don't.)

341–352 (352)

memories from yesterday  ·  posted 2000 by Salvatore Spadaccino

Do not carry thoughts of the past. They seem only to hold us back until the end, where then they are the decisions that will grade us. So maybe yes, carry them with you always,but remember your life before them, for thats what we all strive for after the end.

Looking for some info on Larry Leissner  ·  posted 2000 by Aimee

HELP! HELP! Have school project but have been unable to find anything except a quote that is by Larry Leissner. Looking for some info on Larry.

Humour  ·  posted 2000 by Mike

I used ' his ' quotation in a small selection of aphorisms in a church newsletter under the simple heading quoteable quotes. The quote was - ' It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased. I thought it was interesting / amusing etc.

Only after I'd printed the newsletter for circulation did I really see the real joke.

Kehlog Albran ? Kelloggs Albran ? Oh yes ! Well done !

(no title)  ·  posted 2000 by Lianne

What is the meaning of this aphorism, and when explaining the meaning what examples could be used to explain this aphorism.

Power  ·  posted 2000 by Dan Heinen

A King without subjects to rule is like a blind man with a car.

Wisdom and ignorance  ·  posted 2000 by Dan Heinen

Without ignorance there would be no Wisdom.

Aphorism  ·  posted 2000 by Will Rogers

(no title)  ·  posted 2000 by Luke

I need someone to help me with a saying, motto, slogan, that has to do with "Quality" in the work environment. If anyone can be of assistance please help.

Thank you

Apology  ·  posted 2000 by Paul

Can someone help me with the correct wording and origin for the quote: "Men can apologize, but only God can forgive."? Thanks, Paul Lutz Drexel Hill

341–352 (352)